Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Is Romance Dead? Or is it Just Me?

I'm going to try and find out.

I'm researching for what may become a literary piece but this time I'm really rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty. Figuratively.

July is going to see me carry out what I believe to be the ultimate dating challenge.

See, I'm the first to admit, I'm sceptical about this whole romance rubbish. But perhaps before I completely wash my hands of it, I should really give it a good go. Just so when I am 75 and surrounded by cats and newspapers, I can sit on my couch which is covered in plastic and think 'well, at least I gave it a shot'.

So this July, I am going to attempt 20 dates in 20 days.

Now anyone can jump online and set that up. But time and time again I hear people say 'the way to meet him is through your friends'.

Well, I'm putting that to the test.

I'm asking my friends to help me line up a date for every day, from the 1st of July to the 20th. Surely you have at least one nice single friend who might be willing to be set up, in the name of research?

The challenge details:

The chosen male shall be tasked to choose the date. This is where I ask for a large helping of creativity. Not only do I want to find out if there are actually 20 single men in London, but I want to find 20 great things to do in London on a date.

The financials:

We split everything, and here is the catch: the date must cost only a maximum of 20 pounds.

So there we have it. Crazy? I know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is important to remember that posterior vitreous detachment has been estimated to
have occurred in over 75 per cent of the population over 65 and
that while a posterior vitreous detachment does cause some disturbing symptoms
it normally does not threaten sight. It is important to become aware of the symptoms of
retinal detachment in order to seek medical attention immediately should they occur.
summoned summoner sumoists sumpters sumpweed sunbaked sunbathe sunbaths.


Stop by my page eye floaters

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew
where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble finding one?
Thanks a lot!

Here is my blog ... Garcinia Wow Reviews